Altitude Integrations’s web development CMS software of choice, WordPress, recently released its latest software update, WordPress 3.8. Named “Parker” and described as a modern new design, the update focuses on two overarching improvements of usability and appealing design. Here is an overview of the new features WordPress has to brag about:
- Interface Design: Straying away from the boring gray appearance, 3.8 has added splashes of color to the original design and essentially uncluttered the entire dashboard. In addition, the dashboard’s text has been changed to a font that is more easily viewable on both desktop and mobile devices, allowing for easier navigation throughout.
- Usability: WordPress is continuing their efforts to perfecting the switch from one device to another, providing improved usability on smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops. The update highlights the introduction of vector-based icons which are easily scalable, making the speed and clarity much better no matter what device you are using.
- Color Schemes: “Parker” is the first update that allows users to completely change the color scheme of their Dashboard interface. Users can choose from 8 different options including deep purples, teals and crimson reds. Available to be changed in the “Profile” section, these new color schemes further promote a customized experience with WordPress.
- Theme Management: With an improved theme management section, 3.8 allows users to preview themes at a glance before clicking to get more info and an in-depth experience. Also, widgets have been given a make-over. Th restructure makes widgets stackable to better utilize monitor space of any size, greatly adding to the system’s accessibility. If users are on a tablet, they simply tap to add a widget.
- Twenty Fourteen: With the 3.8 update, WordPress introduced the newest theme, Twenty Fourteen, which has the appearance of a magazine. The theme draws on the simplistic ideals of WordPress’s design and includes a slide bar or grid option, 3 widget areas and different page templates.
Contact Altitude Integrations if you’d like our talented web team to review your WordPress site and get it up-to-date with WordPress 3.8!
If you *don’t* have a WordPress website why not?? Fill out this Web Project Inquiry Form with information about your needs, and we’ll contact you to set up a free consultation! We love WordPress and know you will too!